October 09, 2013

HAY, Danish design

This weekend a new interior design shop opened in Antwerp, Belgium. HAY is a Danish design company who tries to regain the popularity of the simple yet beautiful Scandinavian design from 1960.


As you may already know, we're both a big fan of Scandinavian design. The first thing on my bucket list is a trip to Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark to check out all the beautiful things out there: architecture, nature, music, fashion, interior design ...

Last week, I bought a book about the Scandinavian style (Northern Delights, gestalten). I can only recommend this book, it's soooo beautiful! But any way, I read an article written by Clara Von Zweigbergk, a Swedish product designer who works for HAY. Hay is a Danish design company, founded in 2002. They try to regain popularity for the Danisch furniture design after its greatness of the 1950’s and 1960’s. They make good design accessible by supplying their trademark designs with affordable price tags.


























I browsed the internet immediately for a shop near by and almost couldn't believe it, but this weekend they opened their first shop in Belgium, more specific in Antwerp, just where I live! It's really a coincidence because there are only 8 HAY shops in the entire world.

"We want to sell each HAY collection, from furniture to a wide selection of cash & carry accessories. It will be a 'one stop shopping experience' for everyone who visits the store", says Kris Pieters, HAY agent and owner of the Antwerp store.

You find the shop in the Ijzerenwaag 12a, in the middle of the city center.

HAY store Antwerp

HAY store Antwerp
You can buy here awesome accessories for your office, kitchen and wardrobe as well as rugs and textiles. They also offer a nice selection of furniture, such as couches, chairs, tables, shelves and so on.

HAY store Antwerp
HAY store Antwerp

I bought two little trays, designed by Clara Von Zweigbergk (the one you see in the article in Northern Delights).





You'll find them in every color, from neon to grey and brown. Like you can see in an older post, I recently moved to a new apartment. I tried to keep everything very simple and white (just like they do it in Scandinavia, of course) so I could add a lot of design details along the way. These trays are perfect for adding some color to your interior: there are numerous ways to combine these colors so it'll always look very original. I hope I'll expand my collection very soon so I know what I'm going to add to my wish list! :)


My sister's trays

My sister's trays



My sister's trays
What do you guys think of it?

Thanks for reading!


I got the pictures of the store in Antwerp of their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/HAY-Antwerpen/268650133273069

No comments:

Post a Comment